Thursday, August 18, 2011

Wonkiness

Many projects are in my head right now. In fact, I feel a bit like a "quilting machine" or something. (Ha! I crack myself up!) Yesterday, wonkiness was the word for the day apparently, and I didn't get the message until too late! Here are my fans...they are coming  along and I just love the "look". But, don't look too closely as you will see some wonkiness in the curves....
Oh, well.
I signed up to make a small quilt to donate to my quilt guild to be auctioned off this fall at a money-raiser. Using a block that I had made earlier this summer to practice my paper-piecing skills, I played around with border options, finally landing on this wonky blunt-nose design....

 Liberated Quiltmaking II, by Gwen Marston has a great tutorial for eye-ball cutting the angles....
 and sewing them all together to the desired length. After trimming, I have a cute wonky border for my little quilt. Stay tuned for the final result....(I may have a hard time parting with it!)
 This wonky little critter really gave me fits...(it was supposed to come out square!!!#%&) Eventually, we came to an understanding. Come  back tomorrow to find out how it was tamed.... 
It's a great story!





5 comments:

  1. I love the way that black crosshatch looks with those reds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of the fans! I love the wonkiness of the border. And the last little critter made me pull my hair out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look too. I have used a sawtooth border on several quilts and love it. I love your red prints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, I am looking forward to that story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilting looks great! There's no such thing as perfect so oh well if there are some wonky bits along the way.

    I love the wonky border. I have that book and I need to pull it out and read that tutorial again because your wonky looks great!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete