Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Plaid Quilting

I made up a new quilting design! At least it's new to me, so it feels like I thought it up myself....I call it  'Plaid Quilting'. Straightish lines congregated together in sections both horizontally and vertically....easy peasy!
 The quilting is a little harder to see on the front of the quilt, but I like the youthfulness of it with the fabric in the middle of this design.
Another binding to sew down and then you can see the whole schmoe! 
I named the quilt "Fun in the Sun". We've had lots of that this summer!!
Good bye, August!


14 comments:

  1. That looks great! Very fresh! I'll definitely be trying that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilting and the little peek-a-boo! Looks like a fantastic quilt under there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the quilting design you made up. It works well on the quilt. I think it would do good on a couple of my quilt tops that are waiting on machine quilting. I am ready to see the whole quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute! Plaid quilting is a neat idea for a simple to quilt design that has a good wow factor. It really does suit your fabrics. And I noticed binding from the back to the front. Are you machine sewing it into place? I've never tried that method. Do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'll give your plaid quilting a try! Love it and love your use of Sherbet Pips (ostiebug@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really do like the straight line quilting and the plaid design looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilting is wonderful and fits the quilt perfectly...something i struggle with. I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, I love your quilting! I've done groupings of lines before, but never quite 'plaid' - very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Sometimes it's the simplist things that make a big impact. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's fabulous. Do you mind if I file this new quilting style away for myself? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute Carla! I've got an aussie fabric giveaway today if you're interested http://quokkaquilts.blogspot.com/2011/08/wip-wednesday-and-giveaway.html :)
    Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh! How sneaky! I so want to see the rest of this quilt!

    ReplyDelete