Friday, April 27, 2012

Signals-The Kandinsky Version


We interrupt the regularly scheduled program, "Farmer's Wife Friday", to bring you this special broadcast of "Signals- The Kandinsky Version". 
 My binding was stitched down in plenty of time for a photo shoot at the closest thing to a boat marina that I could find.....a bridge over a stream!
 I feel like my quilt has a nautical feel in a sort of racetrack slash TV test pattern slash steering wheel kind  of way (except for that upside down ice cream cone on the bottom that was supposed to look like a boat. Thanks, Fred.)
 I tried to add texture with organic quilting that might imitate waves rolling over water. Using two different whites, Kona white and Kona snow, created a bit of dimension to the signals. 
 I had a lot of fun making this out-of-the-ordinary-for-me quilt. I hope that Mr. K would approve. It's good to be stretched!
 My next post will reveal all of the fantastic quilts made by other members of the KC Modern Quilt Guild in their response to the Kandinsky Challenge. Be prepared to be amazed!
Kandinsky's On White II was my inspiration.

(Farmer's Wife Friday will be rescheduled for Monday.)

14 comments:

  1. It's brilliant! Beautifully interpreted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, great quilt! Really interesting and wonderfully put together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow; you've done a terrific job! Such an interesting quilt, and I can definitely see a link between the inspiration and your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the red, white, and black quilt. For some reason it makes me think of the TV logo back in the 50th's. Ooops, just said something about my age.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl - you outdid yourself! Great interpretation. The steering wheels are my favorite and the ice cream cone is too funny :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! You have created such a unique piece of fabric art!! Very clever! I love the steering wheels and the checkered flag! And the quilting adds an wonderful dimension to it! (May I pin it please?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am AMAZED at YOURS! It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply Wonderful! I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW. I am in awe of your creative mind and your beautifully inspiring design. Amazing is the word for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you captured a lot of the Kandinsky picture. Stunning and beautiful! Brave and bold!

    ReplyDelete