Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Peach Cobbler

The last stitch of the binding went on this scrappy quilt last night. It's a leader/ender quilt that will be heading to Rwanda in a few days and, hopefully, give hope and comfort to a young orphan there.
 I'm calling the design Peach Cobbler, both for the color as well as the lattice-like strippy look. My mother used to make "to die for" cobblers with her home-canned peaches. My sisters and I would sometimes even eat them right out of the pan when she wasn't looking!
Tomorrow  I'll show you the other seven beautiful quilts, made by the Quilts4Hope quilters, destined for children in Rwanda. My friend, Vicki, and I had so much fun photographing them today in her beautiful country setting. In the meantime, if I've tempted you with the thought of the sweet dessert, here's a favorite Peach Pie recipe for you to whip up for your supper tonight! 
Peaches and Cream Pie
Mix together: 3/4 cup flour
                         1 tsp. baking powder
                         1 small package regular vanilla pudding
                         3 Tbs. margarine
                         1 egg
                         1/2 cup milk
Pour into a pie plate.
Drain 1 large can sliced peaches, saving 3 Tbs. of juice. Place peaches on mixture in pie plate, keeping them one inch from the edge. 
Mix together:  8-oz. pkg. cream cheese (softened)
                          1/2 cup sugar
                          3 Tbs. peach juice. 
Put mixture on top of the peaches in the pie plate.
Mix together: 1 Tbs. sugar and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. 
Sprinkle on top of cream cheese mixture. 
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees.


Enjoy! Mmmmm...warm and creamy!

12 comments:

  1. What an adorable quilt! The colors are yummy. And it's a Leaders and Enders project? It's too nice to have been made that way - it looks planned. I really like this quilt. It will be a beautiful blessing to someone in Rwanda. Good on you for your generosity. Love peach pie but I'm going to resist the temptation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty quilt!! It will bring delight and smiles I am sure. Peach cobbler is a favorite of mine too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt! And the peach cobbler sounds wonderful too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is lovely! I like the pattern, and your peachy palette. I think this is a winner, just like your mothers cobbler...
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. This type of art and craft look really wonderful.It look so fabulous.Thanx to share with us this different design on the fabrics.

    workshop

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quilt is beautiful! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is gorgeous! I love how you use leaders and enders to create beautiful quilts for children in Rwanda. Thanks for sharing...I look forward to your parade of quilts tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! My dad is heading for a missions trip in June to Rwanda. Maybe he'll see all the children running around with quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quilt! And thanks for the recipe, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful quilt. And the name of it, and the recipe, have made me really hungry!

    ReplyDelete