Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday Finish: Simply Modern Christmas Tree Skirt

Well, I'm finally able to mark one of the 3 projects off of this quarter's  Finish Along list! Remember, I had this tree skirt all but finished way back when
 It only needed to have the binding sewn on!
 I attached the binding before the KCMQG sewing retreat last Saturday and decided to be lazy  brave and sew it down by machine at the retreat rather than my usual hand sewn method. I figure even Santa won't bother to look at the back side to make sure that I caught every inch of the binding with the stitches!
 There are a couple of rough spots, but for the most part, it turned out pretty well. The backing fabric was on the clearance table at JoAnn Fabrics. I like it and think that it matches just great. I like to save where I can!
My goal was to have this ready by Thanksgiving and I made it by a couple of weeks. Yay!
Now, what's next on my UFO list?

Linda Hungerford (Flourishing Palms) and I had coffee this morning while she is visiting in KC. We each picked a number for the other to choose a winner in the Modern Baby book give-aways. Linda picked #14, which turns out to be Sheddy...someone she knows from Florida MQG. Congratulations, Sheddy. Please contact me with your address. (We actually had to pick a second winner because the first one was a no-reply blogger. Everyone, please check to make sure that you have an email attached to your name if you want comments on your blog and to win contests. Otherwise, there is no way to contact you!)
Here is a post on how to check for that  :http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com/2012/07/no-replypublic-service-announcement.html 


13 comments:

  1. What a great finish! I love how the stars points radiate out from the centre! And I LOVE the fabric with Santa's (?) washing on the line! Such fun! I must try machining the binding down, one of these days! It would certainly make it quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tree skirt. Okay, add another thing to my Get It Done Before Christmas list. I love this! Was this a pattern you designed? Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finish, Carla. I'm so happy for you to be making progress on your 4Q UFOs. It was great spending time with you today, and I'm very happy for Sheddy. So glad our random picking worked... well, except for the no-reply commenter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree skirt looks so pretty outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still love that line of fabric . Very cute tree skirt Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the prettiest tree skirt ever - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your tree skirt. I made one years ago but could sure a more updated one. But then again maybe I should actually finish all the Christmas quilts I have. Pieced and used but not yet quilted. What can i say?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tree skirt is gorgeous! I really want to make this!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish I could have joined you for coffee :)!! The tree skirt is so modern, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! I have been hunting for the perfect christmas tree skirt pattern for our tree this year!

    Still haven't found it!
    Amanda Rose
    www.sewmuch2say.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I came over from Linda's blog - love that tree skirt! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course I love the photos of this tree skirt. It's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete