Friday, October 26, 2012

Fall Blogger's Quilt Festival-Personal QR Code

It is always fun to sit awhile with my feet up and a cup of coffee in my hand as I peruse the pretty quilt entries in the Blogger's Quilt Festival. If you are here for the show, let me say "Welcome" and I hope that you enjoy my quilt!
Having been fascinated for quite some time by the quilt-like look of those cute little QR Codes used to provide product information via a smart phone or tablet, I finally decided to try my hand at producing one in quilt form!
Using a pellon grid,  it was fairly simple to graph out a personal Quick Response Code. I looked at a sample to count out the squares and to design a pattern that even includes my blog name! There are online sources that will create a code for you, but I just made up my own.
The 36 inch square quilt is backed with a favorite red and white graphic print from Anilee Hoey's Sherbet Pips line by by Moda. The binding is a grey text print from my stash. 
I used a pink variegated Aurifill no.28 thread and white Bottom Line in the bobbin to do the circular quilting on my Bernina 1630.
The red, pink, white, and a single orange Kona squares are a bunch more fun than black and white would be, don't you think! 
Quilt Festival Stats:
Quilt size: 36 in. x 36 in.
Quilted by: me-Carla Timberlake on my home machine
Special technique used: Pellon Grid
Best favorite categories
Two Color Quilts; Quilted on Home Machine Quilts; Wall Hangings
Now, grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair and join me in experiencing more festival quilts here
You won't be sorry....I promise!

50 comments:

  1. Good job, It is a funny new-technological quilt! Thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt! I love the colours you chose! Yes, much more interesting than black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo shoot in the shopping cart! Yours is always my first stop in the Festival!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Fun!! I'd love to try one of these -

    ReplyDelete
  5. very fun quilt! thanks for sharing. The circular quilting works well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! Never would have thought of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very cool. Don't you love piecing letters ? !

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool, Carla!!! I love it! If it feels like I'm yelling, it's because I am!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute and Clever! Thanks for sharing it today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so striking! Love how you used different shades of red. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so clever, Carla! I love your colour choice too. A really fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is one of my favorite quilts of the year. And I LOVE that you photographed it over that red shopping cart--genius!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is really cool. I like what you came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a neat quilt, Carla! I still like it a lot. But I'm even more impressed with your nerve... taking a quilt to a Target parking lot and using the cart corral to take your professional-looking photos. They're awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love love love this! and I am impressed with the text binding, I have never seen anyone do that before... brave!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How clever of you. Two color quilt in such a wonderful design. Thanks for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow its lovely - I spotted the blog name immediately too - sew lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a cool quilt! And your photography is so smart!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome quilt! Love the unique QR code with your blog name spell out! Great quilting too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a fun quilt! Love your blog name in it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This quilt really caught my eye. I particularly like the circular quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So much fun - and love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great color combination and I love the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very cool! Love the choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So cool! I love that you took pictures of it with a shopping cart. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a great quilt. Love the red and white.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ha!! I love the technology twist to this! great quilt and yes the red and pink are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is such a great quilt! Even my husband loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this quilt -- and I really like how you photographed it on target carts =)

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a wonderful quilt. Have you tried to scan it?

    ReplyDelete
  31. You've captured the theme perfectly! Love the use of red too instead of black. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This looks great. Love the colour combination. So effective!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great idea! And I am glad you used the color instead of black.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is so fun! And I love that you took photos in a shopping cart! So appropriate! How did you find doing the circular quilting? I've been contemplating it for a quilt I just finished and I'm afraid I'm going to want to quilt half way through. It looks great on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  35. It looks great! Such a fun idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is the first quilt I have seen like this. Very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a great quilt! I see we are competing for the 2 color quilt category. :-) Good luck!
    Did you use a walking foot or open toe to quilt this. Love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such a great idea and I love that you incorporated your blog's name. I thought it would be bigger considering how many pieces are in it. The circle quilting looks gorgeous with the square pattern. Wishing you good luck and congratulations on making it to the final!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I had to look up that Bible verse- how appropriate- she makes coverings for the bed- this quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  40. It look like tetris. Wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a beautiful dragonfly and what wonderful post!!I am a china tour lover,You can learn more: China tourism | China travel service | China vacation packages

    ReplyDelete