Friday, April 29, 2011

Official I Spy Swap

Okay! Let the I Spy Swap Begin!! Here's the skinny.....


If you would like to be part of the I Spy Charm Swap, here are the guidelines. Please read carefully:
1.Leave me a comment on this post telling me that you want to enter the swap. I will then send you an email giving you my mailing address. This is important....leave me your email address in the comments if you are a no-reply blogger. If you do not hear back from me, then that will be because you are no-reply and I don't have your email address! If you are unsure...check your blogger profile.


2. We will be swapping sets of 20 charm squares, each 5 inch square.  You may send more than one set of 20 charms, up to 5 sets. Each set that you send to me can be cut from the same fabric. You should be able to cut 20 five inch squares from around 1/2 yard of fabric depending on the design spacing. If you send more than one set, please use a different fabric for each set. I will divide up the charms randomly and return back to you 20 different charms per set. At least that is the goal, and I will try hard to do that! (If you send several sets, please realize that you might get duplicate charms in return.)


3. Please send 100 percent cotton, quilt shop quality fabrics only. Do not prewash the fabric.
Be accurate in cutting the 5 inch squares. The novelty design should be good size, not tiny...it needs to be easily recognizable from a distance.Try to have the character centered on the charm as much as possible. Please do not send licensed designs, i.e. Disney characters, NFL mascots, and such. Be creative in your shopping...it would be great to not have too many sending me the same fabrics! (If you send me licensed or tiny prints, then I will have to mail them back to you....sorry.) See samples below and above...


THIS!


NOT THIS!

4. Place each set of 20 charms in a zip lock sandwich size baggie. Include your name, address, and email on a piece of paper inside each baggie. Put your baggies in an appropriate size envelope. When you take it to the post office and have it weighed for accurate postage, please buy and include the same amount of postage inside the envelope so that I can return your new charms to you. I will provide the return envelopes. You just need to give me the postage. Does that make sense?


5. The last day for me to receive the charms is May 31. I will email you when I receive your charms. If you are sending them from outside the US, please keep this in mind as it sometimes takes weeks for packages to arrive. I will divide up the charms on Wednesday, June 1. Anything received after that will be returned to you.


6. Several of you have indicated that you would like to swap pairs of charms so that you can play a matching game with your quilt. If this is the case, then I would suggest that you send me two sets of charms and I will do my best to return to you two sets that match. Let me know when you sign up if you would like two exact sets in return.


We've got fun ahead! I'll put up the pattern tutorial in the next few weeks.
Thank you for playing along!

54 comments:

  1. Hi, Carla~! I heard from you last night, and I'm here to "officially' sign up for the swap! I'm ready to shop :) THANK YOU so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carla,

    I would like to officially participate in the swap. I would like to swap 5 sets so that I end up with a 100 squares but do not need them to match. Thank you so much for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to play....but are Canadians ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in! I will send one set, and I hope to send it out early next week. Just to try to make sure we have a good variety I thought I'd post here that I am sending bumble bee fabric from Michael Miller. Thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am ready! I have to read your directions more carefully but I think I will be sending 5 sets :)
    thanks for organizing this!
    Carin
    margaretshopechest@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in too. This is going to be fun. Thanks for requesting quality fabric, I was hoping you would. Not sure how many sets I'll be sending, depends on what I can find to swap. Thanks for doing this!
    Valerie
    gvkortus at skybeam dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Count me in! I will do 2 sets! If something else pops out to me when I am at the store I wll let you know! Maren turns 3 in August! Perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please include me. You've given a very understandable explanation of the requirements. Let's hope everyone follows them! Thank you for all the effort you're putting into this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in also! Will probably send 2 sets. Excited for this and your tutorial.

    logian@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I'm in the UK and thinking of taking part, how does the postage thing work? Can I put british stamps in for the return postage???
    kazwee75@hotmail.com
    Thanks :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Count me in please. 2 sets, blarma2001@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would like to participate in your I spy swap. I can send 1 set.
    cindyganderson@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am definitely in.... So excited. Not sure if my email is on my blog... so here it it is... Adams3sons@sbcglobal.net thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking fw to it ~ let me know if you need to know how many sets, i'm going to dig through my STASH and check my quantity's/yardage as per how many! ... print sizes ...
    GREAT IDEA!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun! I'm in for two sets.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Count me in! I will do two sets. Thanks for organizing this. Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will if you don't mind an Australian post pack!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Would love to be part of this! I have a 3 year old grandson, and a granddaughter due in July! Please count me in! Thanks for insisting on quilt store fabric, too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd love to join in, however, can't work out the postage thing due to living in New Zealand?!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a few fabrics from which I could cut some I spy squares, but I don't want to make an I spy quilt. If you are interested I will send some squares from each of the 3 or fabrics which could work for that. They are quilting fabric that could possibly be used to expand some of the 20 square kits you are swapping.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like fun! I'd love to participate with 2 sets of blocks. Thanks for organizing this!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would like to participate, with 2 sets! makershands@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would like to participate! First timer so thanks for the great directions. I still need to shop, but I am thinking about 3 sets. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have an Alexander Henry "eyes of the jungle" print from 1999, from which I can fussy cut monkeys, cheetahs, parrots. If this is agreeable, I'd love to participate.
    Also wondering if we can request inclusion/exclusion of pink/girly fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gosh I have missed a lot in the past few days!
    I would love to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh! May I play please?! That sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've been making I Spies for a while, and would love some new motifs to work with. Sign me up! I'll be cutting this PM.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ready to start cutting. This is my first I Spy and I'm excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yes I would love to play! This is my official comment! Thanks! Pam in Chico

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would like to swap two sets. Thanks for organizing.
    email: blwolff(at)me(dot)com
    brandie

    ReplyDelete
  31. I would love to participate in this fun swap! My email is jeanhmaher(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would like to play please. Please use e-mail msmadhatter(at)hotmail(dot)com.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I would like to play as well, if you're still taking on new participants. 2 sets, please.
    sames5 at verizon dot net
    Thanks for organizing this swap. Having organized others, I know hoe much work is involved and I appreciate all your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just read the scoop on your swap and I would love to play along! My email is the7lundys@comcast.net. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Yes, I'd like to be included. I'd like to do 2 sets please. I can't wait to start making my I Spy quilt!
    Sue
    srand2(at)telus(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  36. Carla,
    I'd like in too if possible! I'll send two sets.
    Parthena

    ReplyDelete
  37. I would like to join in the fun. I have tons of suitable fabric but it is all prewashed so I will have to run to the store.

    Are you able to tell us the motifs you have already received/ are expecting?

    you can reach me at flanz(at)cox(dot)net
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I would love to participate. I think I've changed my profile to allow you to reply back.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'd like to join the swap!

    orders at youmansfamily dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Carla! I'd love to join in with two sets. This will be fun!

    therese.ramsey@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'd like to participate. Count me in for 4 sets. In return could I get 2 matching sets back? thanks! (I think you can reply back but just in case my email is rmlitton@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Carla,

    I would like to swap six sets. They do not need to match but will be ok if they match. My email is
    TrivediZiemba@ gmail.com

    I do not have a blog or website yet. Thanks

    Purvi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carla,

      My address is TrivediZiemba@gmail.com

      Thanks.

      Purvi

      Delete
  43. Hi, I'd like to participate but I live in France. I can send you my charms but I can't include postage... I can include US cash in the envelope? Let me know how to proceed!
    alexandramongno at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops, just looked at my calendar and realized it's too late to participate =(

      Delete