Friday, April 22, 2011

Hoppy Easter

My Easter baskets are full and running over!
No time to get them emptied right now, though.....this little one needs an Easter dress for her very first Easter! And guess what! Her Lolly (that's me) gets to make one. Yay!
I found this pattern in my archives....(that means that I have had it for a few years and have no idea if it is still available.) Easy peasy!
Jane's mommy picked out the fabric and the genius color combo of aqua and orange Ta Da! dots by Michael Miller. 
 I can't take credit of the adorable ruched flower either. Her mommy made that using this tutorial from Andie...except that Megan gathered it on the machine rather than by hand.
(Mommy's of two little ones have to do things FAST!)
 Jane always  needs to be wearing a bib. (You probably can guess why!) There was just enough fabric to make one to match.
Oh, I do love sewing for little girls!
Hoppy Easter!

P.S. Don't delay in entering the charm pack give-away. Tomorrow a special bunny will draw a name!

11 comments:

  1. Carla she is adorable, you just want to kiss those squishy cheeks! Your dress turned out great be sure to show us a picture of her wearing it!
    Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Lolly! :) Little Miss Cute Stuff will be adorable in that dress come Easter morn! (Know what you mean about the bib-I've a 12 month old g'daughter who has herself dripping all the time!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so sweet. Hoppy Easter to you and your sweet babies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Goodness!!! What a cutie pie! She must be so much fun to be around and to sew for! Love the dress and the bib! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Both the baby and dress are adorable! What a good Grandma you are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable little baby! Happy Easter to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jane is so cute. And I love the polkadot dress! I keep meaning to sew for my granddaughter...

    ReplyDelete
  8. She will look so precious in that dress!! So fun for you! (Remember making our husband's "going away suits??" Purple plaid........So funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, so sweet - the dress and the girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is absolutely adorable!! How old is she? I have a four month old daughter. Aww I love her little monkey onesie!! Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just happened upon your blog! What an adorable baby girl she is...and that dress is so happy! I love your blended quilt and it sure looked perfect with your desert rose plates! Pam

    ReplyDelete