Thursday, April 7, 2011

Blue Trellis

The birds are chirping as they build their nests and the trees are unfurling lime green leaves....ahhhhh...spring is in the air! I thought I'd show you an one of my "oldie, but, goodie" quilts today. Not only is it a favorite, but also, it speaks the language of flowers and spring!
Let me introduce, Blue Trellis, circa 1995.
 I fondly recall collecting floral prints for quite some time to create this quilt. The trellis design is easy enough because it is actually made by adding a pieced sashing between the flowered squares. One of the reasons I love this quilt so much, I think, is because of the liberal use of white. If I'd been paying better attention over the last 16 years since, I'd have made more quilts with the same white plus color formula!
 With narrower borders, or no border at all, this favorite could almost pass as a contemporary  quilt. It would be fun to make it again, using some Kaffe fabrics perhaps.
I hope you are enjoying some springtime weather where you live!

13 comments:

  1. Wow it looks like you made it recently! Yes we are having a nice day here, high 60's and sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. What a clever design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even after 16 years, your quilt looks very fresh and modern! How lovely. The colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt. And another gorgeous photo-op setting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pastel for spring. A quilt that I think will stay in style for a long time to come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty!! I am with you....I wish I had started using more solid white in quilts a long time ago. I love white with colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would never have guessed that's a 90s quilt. The colors are still modern. What a large quilt, too! Are you sure you're up to tackling one that big for a second time?! Love it though. Do you use it on a bed?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great quilt!! I love the colors. You do such a great job!!

    ReplyDelete