Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Chipper


Tula Pink designed a fun fabric line called "Chipper". All of the prints in this maze styled quilt are from that line of fabric. Each block was pieced by my friend, Sharon, before she passed away from breast cancer. I was able to enlarge the collection into a 60"x80" quilt by adding the solid charcoal grey and lower dotty border after assembling the blocks into a square.
The setting idea came from seeing a quilt named "Twinkle" in Deborah Fisher's book "Quilt Giving".  Since my beginning center square measurements were different than Deborah's instructions, I sort of free-handed the grey solid triangles to get it to my desired size. 
 I also tried, a new-to-me all over quilting motif for the Chipper top. The mod rectangles were a lot of fun to create and add a wonderful texture to the quilt.
The more modern design of this quilt seems appropriate for 14 year-old Tila who will be receiving her quilt in the next few days.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely quilt....the very special blocks, the offset design and the rectangular quilting. I’m sure Tila will love it too! That last graphic is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! And I love that you tried a new quilting design with this one. I have used that all over linear square/rectangle design myself, so I know it's a good one.

    ReplyDelete