Sunday, October 28, 2018

Thank You, Susan

During a quilt guild show-and-tell, I displayed a couple of my leader/ender quilts and explained my motivation to send quilts to Nepal.  Afterward, Susan approached me and expressed a desire to create a few simple tops as gifts for the children living in the Nepal home.
 This I Spy quilt will be fun for four-year-old Grace who has Downs Syndrome. I can just imagine the hours she will enjoy identifying all of the colorful pictures!
 My grand-daughter, Lois, loves this sweet 30's print medallion style quilt and picked it to go to Ganga, who is thirteen and in fifth grade at her school in Kathmandu. I quilted it with a simple loopy pattern.
 Kashiram, who uses a wheel chair due to his disability, will enjoy sleeping under this happy quilt each night. Susan did a great job of creating a sweet quilt using a simple design and just a few fabrics that she had on hand.
 It has been my joy to organize an effort to bless some dear ones living on the other side of the world. Thank you, Susan, for coming along side of me. 
 My husband and son have made it back home from a successful medical mission to Nepal and delivering the quilts. I'm hoping to soon have more photos of the kids with their quilts.

3 comments:

  1. They are beautiful . . . bright, cheerful, and made with so much love.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the octagon approach for the I Spy quilt...do you have a tutorial for that pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agen Dan Situs Judi Slot Terpercaya Indonesia Adalah Salah Satu Situs Pilihan QQWIN99


    ReplyDelete