Thursday, October 13, 2011

Seeing Red and Orange!

Do you use Shout Color Catchers? If you don't you might want to pick up a box the next time you are at the grocery store. Here's a perfect example of what magic they can do for you and the next quilt you wash......
See those two pink sheets laying on the quilt with only a bit of red here and there and a red binding. Well, I pre-washed that red fabric before using it.
Those two Color Catchers picked up that much excess red dye in the wash water and held onto it so it so the dye wasn't deposited somewhere else on the white background.I love red, but I only want to see it where I put it!
I also love orange. Look what I got to drive behind today on my way to town!
You don't see that every day, now do you!!
 Speaking of color, if you live near Kansas City, here's a fun way to spend the day on Saturday. Come see us, the weather man says it will be a beautiful day!

5 comments:

  1. I always use color catchers. They rock! Love that pumpkin trailer! And yes, I totally wish I could come see you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use them too....they are a quilt saver. I have had quilts that I washed that did not bleed and then the 5th time they bleed! So I always use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up. I have not used color catchers yet but I will get some the next time I am at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use color catchers in almost every load of laundry! And my husband hears about it if he doesn't use one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very helpful tip, thanks - I wonder if those colour catchers are available in Australia?

    ReplyDelete