Thursday, February 2, 2012

Simply Beautiful!

You may recall that I've adopted "simplify" as my word for the year. Look at this quilt that my good friend, Vicki, made for the orphanage in Rwanda. It's the perfect example of simple and yet, perfect. I love it so!
 The colors. The quilting. The design. It's all simply beautiful! It's hard to see in the picture, but the background is actually a tiny grey check. So wonderful!
I love how she even added a row of blocks on the backside, as well.
I love you, Vicki, and I love your quilty style, my friend! I'll be showing off the rest of the fun quilts going to Rwanda over the next few days, so stay tuned, won't you!

9 comments:

  1. The quilting makes that quilt! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love YOU, Lolly!! None of this could have happened without you!! Thanks for your encouragement. Such fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Less is more! What a nice collection of quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki's quilt is so...restful! LOVE the quilts on the hay wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts and the colors are super!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilts. Glad they are going to someone who really needs them and will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing such a giving spirit! Please email me directly re fabric donation to your friend...Natalie@beyondthereefpatterns.com

    ReplyDelete