My sweet friend, Vicki K., whose daughter was part of the class, helped the students with fabric selection and taught them the basics of making a nine-patch block. She later put the blocks all together into this fabulous African themed quilt.
One of the blocks features a Bible verse written in the native language of Rwanda.
And for a little girl, maybe, Vicki made another quilt in tropical colors and flowers. The design is one that she came up with on her own using fabric donated by her sister-in-law who wanted to do something to help. Vicki's daughter, Kayla, also did some of the sewing, so it's a real family project!
I love the brown background theme-fabric which set the tone for the color scheme.
The last quilt going to the orphanage this time is one that I made and showed you a few months ago, Vegetable Soup. As with most of the charity quilts that I make, I used scraps from other quilts as a leader/ender project.
I can't help myself and will post a few more pictures of all 8 quilts together tomorrow.