Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Odds and Ends

Is spring coming early in your neck of the woods, like it is mine?
 Every day for the last few weeks I've been seeing sweet little periwinkle blooms among the scraggly looking leaves bordering the sidewalk to the front door. And when the calendar flips to March, we will be on the downhill side of winter...yay!
Speaking of Spring, my grand daughter, Maelie's bedroom shouts it
 everyday of the year! 
Those adorable pennants around the ceiling adorn all four walls of her room.  Maelie's mommy made them from scraps, both from her stash and mine.
 Aren't they so cute?
 Finally, my hexies are all together and made into a top! It's pin basted and ready to quilt...stay tuned for a finish. (I've almost worn the thing out from carrying it around on car trips so often over the last two years!)
The mailman dropped off a mysterious package in my box.
 Wonder what it could be?
Inside, I found this fun scarf and necklace from my friend, Cindy who blogs at 
Live a Colorful Life. She made the scarf from Anna Maria Horner voile on one side and flannel on the other....so clever.
 Cindy's husband, Mark, created the glass necklace pennant.
 It is so unusual and creative.
How sweet to get a gift in the mail, for no special reason...just friendship.
 I love blogging!
 Sometimes I run across something that I can't pass up...like this pretty sewing box I found at an antique store down the road from me. And the sweet soft blue vintage sheet was calling my name from the linen closet at an estate sale over the weekend. At 40% off, I couldn't pass it up and plan to use it as a quilt back for that vintage linen quilt I'm going to make someday!
 Then there was this fun little quilting book on the clearance rack of a LQS. I plan to pass it on to my quilt guild library...that is if I can turn loose of it!
Oh! And what's this? You'll have to come back on Leap Day to find out!
Yes, there's a February 29 this year and who wouldn't want to celebrate that!
Who knows, you might even win something.

6 comments:

  1. Lots of loveliness here! Love your hexies especially! And your Sizzling Sixties book has my Stars in your Eyes blocks on the cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those pennants in your grand-daughter's room. We finally had summer last week - pity autumn starts tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun to see all your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring? We are due to get around 10" of snow tonight. No, sadly spring will not be sprung for another 2 months or so. Sigh..... But that's okay. I have plenty of WIP's to keep me busy and my sewing machine table is right in front of a large window, so I get the beautiful sun (when it's out). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute post - love your grandie - she's a doll. And I'll be back tomorrow - it's MY birthday - maybe I'll win :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of pretty things here to look at today! ;)

    ReplyDelete