Friday, January 7, 2011

Those Addictive Felt Roses!

I have the craftiest daughter.  She is always making something marvelous, cute or tasty! Right before Christmas she made this pretty thing...................


I feel hard for it.....even shamelessly hinting that I'd really like one for myself.  But, having two darling babies to care for, she understandably didn't have time to indulge my envy.  So what's a girl to do but make one for myself!  Here's my winter rendition of the Yarn Wreath. 



I'm crazy about making these felt flowers now.  They are fun and easy....come out so wonderful with very little effort.
As you can see, I couldn't stop making them so the wreath is a little heavy on the flowers. If three are good then thirteen is better, I always say!!
There was still felt left and the glue gun was hot, so I made a couple more and glued them to  hair clips. Won't they look cute in a little girl's hair? Wonder what else I can glue one to???!
If you would like to try your hand at this pretty wreath and some addictive felt roses, here's the tutorial Megan and I used to make them.  Have fun!

7 comments:

  1. That is just beautiful! Your daughter definitely got your talent and creativity!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! If you say those flowers are easy, I'm sure they are. So you've made a winter white one... now will we see a red one with white flowers and a heart poked in there someplace?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how it turned out!! I want to make another one, now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla - both versions are adorable!! I like the roses A LOT!! Very creative.

    Angie - www.craftedAngles.com

    ReplyDelete