Baby Whatshername quilt is ready to be quilted. I have the top marked and plan to pin baste it this evening. That little baby girl is due to arrive any day now!
All the rows are sewn together for my postage stamp quilt. Once I get them pressed, it will be quick work to get it all together. I'm loving how it's looking so far!
With the end of the first quarter approaching, I'm pressed to finish at least one more project in my quest to banish some UFOs in 2013. Quilting the the Paint Dipped quilt was fast and easy.
I'm ready for binding and chose this Amy Butler orange dot from my stash.
Megan asked me to cover the cushions on a rocker for little Whatshername's nursery. She chose this fun chevron. It was an easy project. I need to get a picture of the end result to show you....I haven't really even seen it myself yet!
I shouted "hallelujah" when I finished up the Big Rip on my Farmer's Wife quilt last week. I'd stalled out for awhile, but finally pushed through to get the background stitches removed. This picture shows the back where you can catch a glimpse of the pretty quilting on one of the blocks and the piano key border. The quilter will fill in the background again with something besides the stippling that I removed. I have an idea that might work.
My friend, Linda, had a special birthday a few weeks ago and I wanted to give her a handmade gift. I've been wanting to try this cute casserole cover for quite awhile now.
I made the 9x13 cake carrier size using 2.5 inch strips of green fabric from my stash.
Though not really quick to make, the sewing was not difficult. The binding took the longest and was a bit tricky at the corners. I'm hoping to make one for myself sometime.While shopping with my friend, Vicki, we ran across this Kaffe Fassett panel called Bouquet. It came in so many colors that it was hard to pick a favorite! We both decided that it would make adorable skirts for our little grand daughters so proceeded to buy one of almost every color!
I made three skirts yesterday. One each for Lula, Jane and Lois. They went very fast with elastic in the waist and a contrasting band of fabric around the hem. I am in love with the way they turned out and can hardly wait to see them with bare legs underneath!l
Haven and Maelie's skirts are ready to sew as soon as I get their measurements. Each skirt goes together in about 30 minutes!
Meanwhile, I'm wondering what projects will sidetrack me next! I think that Jane is looking for ideas!