Monday, March 14, 2011

Birthday Getaway!

Over the weekend, my daughter, Megan and I celebrated our birthdays which are exactly one week apart. She left her 2 1/2 year old and 7month old in the capable hands of their daddy and the two of us took off to Omaha, Nebraska for a couple of days of....well, mostly, shopping! Neither of us had spent any time in this small city which is 3 hours northwest of Kansas City. Mostly, we both just needed a change of scenery and some time to play. What a delight to find a quilt shop that carries some the prettiest contemporary fabrics I've seen together in one place.


Everything about this shop shouts COLOR....even the walls are painted bright beautiful hues to tantalize your senses.  If I lived nearby, I'd probably be dreaming about the fabric collection every night!
Of course, Megan and I couldn't pass up all this stimulation and left the shop with some lovelies! If you live anywhere near Omaha, you will want to put a trip to The Quilt Studio, on your list of places to visit!


To celebrate my birthday and Lollyquiltz's 1 year anniversary, I'm planning some special things this week, including some giveaways, so be sure to check back tomorrow to catch info about the first freebie!


8 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks like dream land! =) So bright and beautiful...

    One thing I find about our local shop is that it doesn't carry modern prints...maybe only 4 bolts of something I really like. =( boo, hoo! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun fun fun!!!! And that bolt in front of Megan, the bright flowers on the white background, was the challenge fabric for my spool quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh look at all those spotty dots - drool drool drool -
    our local doesn't carry moderns like this either

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could bring home a big stack of fabric from just what I see there. So glad you had time to get away together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great shop! Kinda glad I am far away from it, I would be broke! hahaha. Happy birthday to all. Glad you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much fun is that??! Your daughter is adorable. I know you had a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW! Sounds, and looks, like a wonderful time! My mother grew up in Omaha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AAK! Look at all that yummy Kaffe! I would have been powerless to resist...

    ReplyDelete