Friday, September 28, 2018

Plane Ride

Sixteen comfort quilts for the children's home in Kathmandu, Nepal flew out early this morning with a team of seven, including my husband and my son. Thank you Susan, Lisa, Sue, Janette, and Patty for helping me achieve my goal of one quilt for each child! And special thank you to Sharon Brandli's family for the beautiful blocks that were given to me after her death. I was able to use them to create the three quilts in the center of this photo above. More about that later.
 I found some quilt labels among my stash and used them to identify a recipient for each quilt. The labels were machine stitched on, as was the binding, for sturdiness.
 On a sunny day I attached many of the quilts along my deck fence for some beauty shots. I'll be posting about each one in the days to come.
f
One evening, at my modern quilt guild meeting, Lisa surprised me by handing me these three beauties!  Their additions became the final pieces of the puzzle of securing quilts for everyone! The star quilt on the right is made with hand-dyed fabrics. I am humbled.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift you have given Carla, not only of the quilts but the love that goes with them. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much love is hanging on that fence. Well done Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had help with this great effort. Together, many people can accomplish so much! Love seeing these across your fence... and I'm envious of that fence. I miss mine!

    ReplyDelete