Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Bright Checkerboard


Here's another scrappy quilt made entirely of two and a half inch squares from the basket of squares that I always have on hand. It is definitely a favorite of mine. 
The quilts going to Nepal are all around 60" x 80". Big enough to fit atop the cots that the children sleep on. An eleven year old little girl named Nisha will get to cuddle with this colorful checkerboard soon.
This is actually the second Bright Checkerboard quilt I have made in the last year. In April, I made one for my granddaughter, Pearl, to celebrate turning five! 
Both of these quilts, as well as the previous two going to the Nepali children, were made as leader/ender projects while I created other quilts. If you are wondering what leader/enders are, check the tutorials on the sidebar of this blog for instructions. You will be glad you did!

1 comment:

  1. I have yet to patch together a quilt from my stash of 2-1/2" squares, though I have made planned quilts from them. These are so pretty! I need to sew faster! Ha.

    ReplyDelete