Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April 365 Photo Challenge: Week 2

The calendar might be turned to April, but the weather here in the midwest is still trying to decide to get off the 'winter fence'. I'm focusing on the few springlike days we've had so far...

 White Pear trees are in full glorious bloom! They remind me of bridal bouquets.

 Sprouts My peonies are pushing out of the grey ground with promise of color to come. 

Mail Every time I pass this mailbox I wonder how many cuss words the mailman said while trying to deliver their mail!

 A Sign The word above the entrance to this home needs no explanation. 

 Overgrown Grape hyacinth is taking over more of our lawn every year.

A Fence These three cute goats look comfy, don't they?

A feature A prompt for another self portrait (my least favorite photo subject) led me to include this picture of my hair and freckles. (Thanks goes to my grandson, Oliver, for help with this photo.)
Thanks for stopping by and flipping through this week's album. I'm still having fun with this challenge!


12 comments:

  1. Such great pix. YOU are an important part of your album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the flowers that are popping up in your part of the world- hyacinths, pear blossoms and peonies! All beautiful and so Spring-like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos..laughed out loud at the mailbox w/musings :) My favorite...the peonies, loved the two tones:) We may need a new camera soon...mentioning no names, but someone dropped it while lens was extended... not so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great self-portrait. I hate taking those too. I have grape hyacinths too in my yard and can't wait for them TO take over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, if that is "winter on the fence", I'll take it!! Up here in northern WI we still have quite a bit of snow on the ground, with more said to come tomorrow! :( It's currently 10:40 am and it's 35 degrees outside. Winter isn't on the fence, it's still here! But those lovely flower pictures sure are making me earn for Spring even more! And that sunshine..!! Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. More lovely photos! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing a great job with this project. I really enjoy it. I love the mailbox. You are much farther along in spring than we are. I think I finally saw a few buds on the trees here today. But it's still 46 degrees and raining here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish we could see some signs of spring here. 12" plus of snow right now and no leaves in sight on the trees. Gotta love springtime in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this project of yours. Thank you so much for continuing to share it! Your peonies definitely look promising...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoy the photo challenge posts you've been doing. Thanks for sharing.

    -Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your photos are gorgeous. Such good quality. I love seeing your blooms and spring bulbs, just like I'm enjoying our turning leaves and cooler days down here now. Our summer was like your winter, too long and harsh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A sweet picture of you--so glad you included it!

    ReplyDelete