Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Cut, Cut, Cut, Sew

My rotary cutter is smokin'!  
I might need some ice to cool it down even!! Whew!!
                                                                    
                                                                          This.......
                                                              Turned to this.....         


                                                                  And this........
                                                               Got chopped into this....
                                                My scissors were jealous so...............


You see that I finally succumbed to one of those darling Oliver + S patterns.  Soooo cute!! I'll let you know how it goes with sewing it up....It looks very well written.


Well, then the sewing machine started whining about needing some attention.....so I made  blocks for the 3 x 6 Mini Sampler Bee. I decided on the faux circle block that I'm so ga-ga over right now.  (I may have to make myself a whole quilt of these, I love them so much!)
 For Jenifer in Colorado, Julie in California, Melinda in Wisconsin, Marlynn in Utah, Solidia in Indiana, and Leslie in West Virginia.  It's always so much fun to see how the same pattern can look so different in all the various color combinations. 


 Now, where is that Halloween candy that my grandsons shared with me?  I need some chocolate!! What are you up to?
                                             

6 comments:

  1. Ooo. It looks like such fun! Nice fabs. And love those faux circles! Is the design your own inspiration?

    What I am doing? Turning green! Being Jealous of you! Yes, I know... 'tis sinful. But babysitting is the order of the day as I'm now a temporary permanent Kansas resident. Hope to squeeze in a bit of handwork... maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, you were a busy gal! I really like the blocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a busy rotary cutter you've got! Time to change that blade, I bet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The faux block circles look very interesting. I need to figure out how they are made.
    I have never seen the Oliver + S patterns. They look like old fashioned paper dolls. Would make a great quilt design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Can I come sew with you? Those circles are awesome. I finally broke down and purchased an Oliver + S pattern and I'm really impressed.

    I can't wait to see how the Innocent Crush quilt turns out... let me know if you have any questions. And thanks for quilting along with us!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete