Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Potpourri

I'm going to dish up a mix of eye-candy for you today!


First on the list......


I have several quilts hanging in my house and thought that I would show you another one today.


This simple quilt holds a special place in my quilty heart!




I bought the fabrics for it when I visited France eight years ago.  Some of the squares were made by cutting up Provincial print cloth napkins.  I stayed with my friend, Susan, in Germany during that trip and pieced the quilt in her basement sewing room. Ah, memories!
Every time I look at the wall hanging, I am reminded of the fun vacation in the spring of 2002.
I love hanging different quilts in this spot, but this one stays up most of the year.
Next up....here's my box of 1.5 inch hexagons.......over 300 made so far and closing in on the 400 I need for the  tablecloth I have in mind. I have yet to begin sewing the hexies together!
Next week the Kansas City Modern Quilt Guild will be meeting and I have been busy making the blocks for a block exchange I'm in.  Andrea requested Plus Blocks and provided the aqua dot fabric. She also hinted that she likes red and grass green...hopefully these will fit the bill.
I also volunteered to make two 12 inch blocks in orange and blue to be included in charity quilts for a local children's hospital. I've been looking for orange fabrics for this project as well as another virtual bee I belong to where orange seems to be a very popular color!




The temperature has been crazy hot here the last few days, with the dew point out of sight!






The only sane thing to do is stay inside and work on quilts. Am I right?!








Joan had a contest on her blog, Wishes, Kind and True, a while back. I was so excited to correctly  guess the missing fabric in this Amy Butler Love charm pack.  She sent me two charms of each fabric in the entire line, so I am having fun ogling all this yumminess!!Lucky me, I also was randomly chosen by Heather of A la Mode Fabric to win another charm pack of fun fabrics by Heather Ross. These cute prints are perfect for a baby quilt I am getting ready to start on!


Here's the baby and her big sister, Lula sitting on their daddy's lap this morning. That precious 5 pound bundle of joy is my sixth grand baby, Jane Susanne, fresh from God.
              See, I told you that I was lucky!  No, not lucky.  Blessed beyond measure!!


6 comments:

  1. I love that quilt you have hanging there. Wonderful! And know what you mean about quilts bringing back happy memories! I love that about quilting. What a Sweet picture of the new baby. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post Carla. Love that spot for hanging quilts, wish I had one that was that visible. Congratulations on #6 - she is precious. You are indeed blessed. I also love all the projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new granddaughter! She is beautiful! I just had my third child, a daughter, three months ago. We are loving having a new baby in the house! I cannot wait to see what you create with your Heather Ross fabrics. I love her fabrics! I want to make a quilt for my kids with some of her Munki Munki fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Babies are such a blessing... :)

    I love your quilt and the story behind it. It's so much fun to travel and find unique fabrics. I would leave your quilt hanging up all year 'round!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on Jane's birth! Gosh, you have lots of little girls to love, don't you? (Can you tell I'm a bit envious? Shame on me.)

    Loved seeing your little Provence quilt. We'll have to chat sometime about our trips! I went to Switzerland in 2002 to visit an Internet friend, and we attended the European Patchwork Meeting in France.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a fun post, full of eye candy !

    And one of my pet peeves is people saying that they're lucky, when they're clearly blessed !

    I'm so glad that you caught the phrase and realize the difference ! Blessed and highly favored......that's how it looks from here !

    ReplyDelete