Monday, October 14, 2013

Sneak Peek

 Suz and I are so excited about our Friendship x and + Swap that we couldn't wait till the last Friday in October to share our first set of blocks! (Marble couldn't wait either!)
Each month we both will be making 2 each of 4 different renditions of the popular  x and + block. Then we each will send four blocks to the other person.
Here is the first set of four that I'm mailing to Susan in Australia. You can see our color pallet here on our original post about the swap. This month, we focused on using orange, pink and aqua. Next month's blocks will feature a different combination of our pallet colors.
We have started a flickr group for the Friendship x and + Swap where anyone joining us can share their blocks with other quilters. Click here to find the flickr site.
If you missed the original post about the swap and guidelines, check it out here.
These blocks are so addictive and fun to make....you won't want to miss joining us!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, look - twins! Aren't they pretty! I have some of those fabrics earmarked too! And how is it we introduced this blogpost with almost the exact same words! We are twins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors in these blocks are amazing!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made two blocks for Cindy. I'm on the right track after seeing these. Very fun colours you have chosen Carla and beautiful blocks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like another happy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just invited to join in with a friend, so maybe I will be doing this after all. (I need to clone myself. . . .)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like so much fun! I love me a good block swap.

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marble is very clever!!!
    ...and cute...
    xo
    eva

    ReplyDelete