Monday, February 4, 2013

On My Design Wall

Before we moved almost 6 years ago, I had enjoyed a wall sized design wall in an entire  room designated as 'the sewing room'. Then my design wall changed to a 3 foot piece of foam board propped up on the twin bed that shared space in my 'new sewing room/guest room'. A few months ago, I moved my 'sewing room' again to an alcove off the master bedroom. Here's my design wall now: a piece of flannel covered insulation board leaning against an underused fireplace. It works.
Over the weekend I started sewing together a tubful of 16 patch blocks...
...that represent about a year's worth of leader/ender sewing.(What year you ask?...2010-11..ugh!)
They've been sitting around begging for attention for another year now...
...and I've found myself wondering why. I can tell right now that I'm going to love this cheerful postage stamp quilt!
Three rows down and eleven more to go! (The board is not large enough so the rows are folded over the back making them about twice as long as what you see here.) I'm excited about another UFO becoming a finished quilt!

12 comments:

  1. I use a piece of foam covered in batting and flannel as my design wall although it's pretty small. It serves the purpose well enough. I love the quilt you're assembling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be so cheerful and sunny. Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colorful scrappy look of your postage stamp quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we're all going to love it! Way to go

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it will be a happy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my very favorite quilt styles! I am working on a very scrappy "postage stamp" using 3.5" cut squares and very deliberately planned "scrappy" arranges to create 7x7 blocks. One day I hope to make a version like yours, using leaders and enders as well as a neutral for every other square.

    Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool. I've been making leaders and enders but I wish I had used white squares like you! Maybe from now on I will!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's going to be a stunning quilt. My favorite quilts are scrappy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love postage stamp quilts. I wish I could bring myself to make one. Yours is unbelievable with such beautiful fabrics. I love it!

    Your design wall is bigger and better than mine. Mine is the design floor in the living room. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty design. I love the scrappiness of it, offset by the white. Perfect! Are these 2-1/2" squares then?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is going to be such a happy quilt! But the thing that really caught my eye was your mini quilt! That was made by Emma in South Australia, wasn't it? I had no idea you were the recipient of that! I made FOR her in that round of the doll quilt swap! I have never been so intimidated in my whole life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is going to be beautiful. It is inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete