Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Quilts for Rwanda in 2011

These five quilts will soon be flying to Rwanda and into little hands at New Hope Homes, a home for orphaned and abandoned children in Rwanda. 
 In 2010, the Quilters4Hope made and sent 30 lap size quilts so that each child had a quilt to call his own. Now, another house is being built and ten more children will soon have a bed to sleep in with a pretty covering that will be a sign of love and comfort from quilters far away.
 These first three beautiful quilts were made and donated by my friend, Robin Askins.
 Robin's sense of color and workmanship are so lovely. Look at that quilting!
 The back side of this quilt is as cute as the front, making it truly reversible.
 I love this modern log cabin quilt in dramatic blues.
 The center of each log cabin is wonky....isn't that fun!
 I'm donating these next two quilts which have been just sitting unused in my quilt cupboard for quite a few years. This first one is a Stack and Whack kaleidoscope pattern which I remember was a lot of fun to create.
 And this last quilt was created as a Mystery Quilt that I organized for my quilt guild. It is hand quilted. I haven't done that for a while now!
I'll be saying a prayer for God's blessing on the little recipients on the other side of the world. 

7 comments:

  1. The children that receive these lovely quilts will surely feel loved. Beautiful in so many ways! Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I quilt. I love what a beautiful gift it is straight from the heart.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilts are beautiful!! The children with be surrounded by love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and generous. These will be well loved, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful gesture of love! a quilt is a coat to the soul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing these beautiful quilts with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful quilts you are donating! God bless your talent in freely giving from the heart! The children will be blessed!

    ReplyDelete