Sunday, March 21, 2010

Celebrating!

What did you do to celebrate National Quilting Day?

As a good citizen of the Quilting Community, I spent part of my day celebrating!  Here is a great picture of all the quilters out there rushing to their LQS to do their part--buy fabric!!  Actually, it is picture of the fabric I bought yesterday, but not from my fav quilt shop. Nope.  It's from Target.  And it's Liberty of London fabric.  Yup. In the form of an XL size pair of boxers!  I got the idea from Mrs. Schmenkman. I have my rotary cutter ready to cut into this cute fabric.  I have my eye on another pair with a pretty  blue and white print, but thought I would try one pair first to see how easy it was to cut up.  There were also some men's shirts and children's dresses with nice prints that would look great in quilts. Thanks, Target.  I'll be back. Maybe.


But adding to the stash can't be really counted as quilting so I spent several hours REALLY celebrating in my basement!! Sometimes, it seems kind of creepy down there, but once I get the lights all on and a quilt loaded onto my Grace quilting frame, I'm in heaven.  My TL98E Juki was purchased on ebay about six years ago and I love her. She isn't fancy but adding Juki and Grace to my quilting family really changed how many quilts I can make.  It took a little over two hours from start to finish to quilt this lap size quilt.  I sewed the binding on and got part of the hand stitching done while I watched KU lose and K State win last night... It was an all around day to celebrate!!

1 comment:

  1. isn't the logo great! lauren is working on a blog button, a letterhead etc. etc. she should have it all for us soon.
    have a great week.

    ReplyDelete