Wednesday, March 17, 2010

GREEN




I Love Green! And who doesn't today....it's St. Paddy's Day! Here's a fun green quilt made especially for my youngest grandson's recent 3rd birthday. It's called 'Once Upon A Time'. What fun to trace the red paths, stopping at each I Spy square to create a story that changes everytime the game is played. The story lines are endless and as creative as one's imagination.
Last week the quilt and I visited a kindergarten class. With excitement, the children took turns adding to the story evolving as little fingers pointed to squares and decided which path to take next.


 
Pieced from lots of great fabrics with pictures of things a little boy likes, the back is almost as fun as the front. I used a pattern found in one of my favorite books, The Modern Quilt Workshop by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr. The directions are clear, there are color combination suggestions, and helpful hints to make this quilt and fourteen others. Several others in the book are on my To Do list. Maybe you'd like to make a storytelling quilt for a child you love!






2 comments:

  1. What an amazing idea! I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this link with me. It's a really wonderful concept! I'd like to try it for our Florida grandson's second birthday.

    ReplyDelete