Thursday, June 27, 2013

My Random June 365 Photo Challenge: Week 4

As promised, all of my photographs were taken while vacationing in Colorado this time.

Side view: The car's side view mirror captures me photographing an approaching storm near Limon, Colorado. It turned out to be the strangest hail storm we've ever been in...sort of like someone throwing snowballs at us!

Sand: The sand along the Red Mountain Creek, near Ridgeway, Colorado is red...of course! My husband said the water was cold and refreshing...a real Rocky Mountain High!

Abandoned: There is a ghost town, called Ironton, located along the Million Dollar Highway between Ouray and Silverton. (That's just me, not a ghost, in front of this old house, in case you are wondering!)


 Pathway: The Hanging Flume over the Dolores River Canyon was a water chute used in gold mining in the late 1800's. I found it mind boggling! You can learn more about it here.

Fresh Produce: A unique log cabin produce stand near Ridgeway offers passers-by a bountiful supply of fruits and vegetables. 

Something Masculine: My husband loves jerky. We shopped at Ray's Good Stuff outside of Ridgeway two different times. Their sign says it all!

Something Found: If you have been looking for the perfect bench made out of skis, I know just where you can find one in Crested Butte!

I hope that you've enjoyed a few of my travel pictures as this week"s Capture Your 365. At least you can be thankful it's not a whole slide show! I'm linking up with Cindy's Really Random Thursday posts. I always love seeing what everyone else posts about!

Live A Colorful Life
 

7 comments:

  1. Not sure the ski seat would be comfortable! Maybe being 'tenderized' would help! Great photo of you outside the ghost house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fun photos which I enjoyed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I am going to have to add some of these places to my go to list. The flume is fascinating and would be really cool to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what wonderful detail shots! have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures! The colors and focus are so vivid, and the scenery is great! Love the shot of you in the ghost town. It looks like you enjoyed a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love found and side view and pathway. Awesome photos. Looks like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just beautiful! My cousin has an adirondack chair made from skis--so cool. Great pictures--your interpretation is perfect, as usual.

    ReplyDelete