Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Aqua

 I had such grand plans in the beginning. I'd make one block each month in a different color. Well......let's say I skipped a few months along the way. But, back at it again....here's aqua.
 Now I have five finished. Seven more to go.
 The pattern is called Soul Searching and is by Kathy Doughty in her book, "Making Quilts." 
 I've pulled the fabrics for my next block. It will be the blue one because I've been wearing a lot of K.C. Royal's Blue lately and it just seemed the right thing to do. 
 As I write this, game seven of the World Series is about to begin and I'm getting nervous! If you are a baseball fan, you know what I'm talking about. The last time that our team was in the Series was 1985 and we really, really want to win. Kansas City has Royal's fever right now and our family is not excluded. Look at these cute shirts that Lula designed and her mother made!
Go Royals!!

17 comments:

  1. Oh yay for aqua, and more of these blocks! Yes the shirts and girls are darlings...good job Lila!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Soul Searching blocks are looking wonderful. This game should be exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughters are just beautiful! I love their ginger hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the aqua block- no hurry, savour every stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the best laid plans......
    Progress is good no matter how little right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sewing with aqua would be no hardship in my book! Sometimes going away and coming back to a project makes it interesting again.
    The little girls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the game, but the girls are adorable. I was rooting for KC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all make grand plans, and then we rethink and make more realistic plans (and deadlines) and keep chipping away at projects until they are done. As long as you are having fun, right? And aqua is definitely a fun colour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the variety of fabrics in the blocks you are making Carla. True blue is the one color I don't have much of in my stash. Hmmm . . . maybe I need to buy more. So sorry about the Royals. My husband is from KC and his family still lives there so we were rooting for them too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great blocks! I love the fact that you are making them scrappy within one color group.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That game was such a nailbiter and I'm so sorry KC lost. :( I was really hoping they would win!! A friend of ours who is a Dodgers fan changed his facebook profile picture to total black after the Giants won.

    Anyway, I really love the fabrics in your blocks. This is going to be a very fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aqua is one of my favorite colors, so of course I love this block! The fabrics you've chosen for the royal blues block are pretty too. As I am commenting after the World Series, I need to add my condolences to the list ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blocks! Love the Royals! They came a long way this year and I am so proud of them! There is always next year. We will see the Royals in the World Series again!

    ReplyDelete