Once I got to this step, I was a little concerned that the pattern is sized way too large. (My husband actually thought that I was making it for myself!) This is the size 3 for Janie Sue.
But now that the elastic is inserted into the neckline and sleeve casings, it looks like a better fit.
When I began sewing the sleeve sections together, I was surprised to find out that there was a little peek-a-boo slit in the top of each! (Isn't it fun that the grasshopper seems so surprised, as well!)
Now, I'm just hoping that this size 5 pattern fits Lula as I made it without trying it on her.
(I ran across the 'faith' and 'hope' pillows at my favorite local antique shop today and couldn't pass up the sweet ribbon embroidery.)
With the blouses finished, it's back to tackling another UFO. I guarantee it's going to take longer than an hour to get this one done....(It's already been 10 years!!!)