A few weeks ago, my finished blocks they were just a heap of pieces patiently waiting to become a quilt...As I worked, the only place large enough to lay them all out was the middle of the living room floor. Ginger was very interested in checking to make sure that they would make a comfy quilt, but, fortunately for me, she resisted the urge!
Trying to find a cute binding hidden in my stash...
...I found a yard of black/white stripe purchased on clearance from the Me&My Sister Designs booth at Quilt Market in May. Maybe it will work. What do you think?For backing, I did something new, and purchased 3 yards of 118"wide white cotton sateen. There are so many seams on the front of the quilt that I didn't want to add more by using a pieced back (my usual go-to backing). I know that I am going to really enjoy how the machine quilting will show up on the solid fabric back. The Happy Farmer's Wife is now safely in the hands of the machine quilter, Lynne: Pieces in Plaid Quilting.
I'll do one more final Farmer's Wife post once the quilt is completed and then you can give a sigh of relief. I know that I will! Thank you for all of your kind words over the last year as I've plugged along with this project. It's helped a lot to keep me motivated in completing all 111 blocks and not adding just another UFO to my sewing closet!