Saturday, August 13, 2011

Modernistas!

Thursday night the Kansas City modernista quilters met for another fun and inspirational meeting of the Modern Quilt Guild. How I love to get together with these talented and excited quilters! We kicked off the Habitat Fabric challenge with lots of cute little bundles of Jay McCarrol's modern prints. The challenge is to create a quilt of any size using only the 6 fat eighths included in the packet plus any other Habitat fabric and/or solids  to make your "modern" quilt. The finished quilts are due back at our November meeting. Jaquie Gering is donating one of her awesome quilt racks as a Viewer's Choice prize!
 Show and Tell is a highlight of this active and quilt prolific guild. I was so excited and surprised by this fabulous quilt by Mary who used my Liberated Cross Block tutorial. Aren't the colors stunning! I might have to copy it.....
or steal it!

7 comments:

  1. I love your liberated cross block. It's moving its way to the top of my to do list. And I'm on board with you...let's steal that colour combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is beautiful crosses, congratulations maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm~ love the cross block quilt! She did a great job-and that is one quilt that is on my definite "to make" list! Have fun with the Habitat fabric challenge-looks like it will be a neat project. I look forward to seeing some of the finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun challenge!
    I would probably never put those colors together in the cross quilt but they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors and design definitely make for an interesting quilt. Stealing it might not be the thing to do but making one like it a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That block is on my to-do list. This version is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that cross quilt--the colors are awesome!That tutorial is definitely on the top of my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete