Monday, October 11, 2010

The Heart of the Matter







My daughter-in-law, Kodie, is in love with this poster because her husband (my son, Adam) had open heart surgery on Friday to replace his bacteria damaged aortic valve with this little beauty! Adam is recovering well and we are thanking God for his watch over him through this crazy merry go round ride!

Many of you have asked about Adam over the last weeks after this post about his scary illness and hospitalization. Thank you so much for your concern and prayers for our family.
There's a long road of recovery ahead, but the modern miracles of medicine are definitely on our 'Thankful list' this year.


Between hospital visits, I came home to find the last of the six blocks for this quarter's 3X6 Sampler Quilt Mini Bee exchange. 


My colors, green and turquoise,  have been the same for each quarter. Aren't these fun and lovely? Thank you Rachael, Michelle, Tami, Jill, Ellen, and Melissa, for sharing your talent with me.  In just a few months my green and turquoise sampler quilt will become  a reality! 






7 comments:

  1. Carla, so glad Adam came thru the surgery well. I'll be praying for continued healing. And by the way, the green and turquiose are stunning!! Can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your son is recovering! And what a nice surprise to come home to! The colors and the blocks are beautiful!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is good! He heard our prayers for Adam. We all pray he heals quickly and continues to improve.

    Your blocks are gorgeous, and didn't you pick a wonderful color combination! They'll be fun to put into a quilt. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that he is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wondering about your son, but didn't get a chance to talk to you last week at guild. SO glad that he's ok. I'm amazed you're able to concentrate on sewing at all. I suspect it's your therapy (just like the rest of us) along with your addiction. ;)

    I hope to see you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh -- so happy to hear the good news Carla -- how relieved you must all be. Your quilt blocks are beautiful -- what a fun sampler quilt they will make!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving these colors!

    Prayers for your son - being a patient is crummy and watching your loved one be a patient is scary and exhausting. Much love to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete