- How did you select colors for your personal thread collection? I buy lots of neutrals and sometimes have gotten "sets"
- Do you always match the color perfectly to your project? My main colors to sew with are white, cream, black, beige, grey. I find that they blend with most fabrics especially for piecing quilts. When sewing clothes, I do more "matching".
- Do you ever use contrasting thread? Not that often
- Do you use the same color in the bobbin as the upper thread? Well, it starts out that way, but if my bobbin runs out toward the end of a project and I don't want to take the time to "fillerup" I might substitute....have been known to sew with crazy colored bobbins at times, actually!
- What if a fabric has big areas of very different colors? That's the wonder of grey and beige....they blend with everything!!
- Do you have any tips or suggestions about choosing thread?Go with the best you can. I try to use all cotton. My favorite thread is by Connecting Threads. It is wonderful thread at a very good price. They often have sales also.
- Can you show us a picture(s) of your thread collection? Oh, yea......
- Do you ever buy thread because you fall in love with the color (without a particular project in mind)? Thankfully, that habit is reserved for fabric alone!
- Do you “invest” in thread?When Connecting Threads is having a sale I have been known to stock up. See all those beautiful colors? They came as kits. I'm not sure that was my wisest shopping though....How often do I use purple? Uh, never?
- What types of thread do you have? (elastic, quilting, all-purpose, wool, etc.) Besides my all purpose threads, I also have machine and hand quilting thread and some rayon threads for my embroidery machine (which I seldom use). I also have some elastic thread and embroidery thread. Hm mm....I guess I like thread, don't I?!
Sunday, July 11, 2010
My Thread Stash
Do you follow the SewMamaSew! blog? You should. They have neat stuff! A few days ago there was a challenge to blog about your thread stash. Great idea, huh? Here are my thoughts on the lofty subject of thread!!