Monday, August 5, 2013

Trunk Show, Workshop and Shopping

Last week, I was invited by the Q.U.I.L.T. Guild of NW Arkansas to present a trunk-show and talk on the subject of "Quilting with the Internet". I included both traditional...
...and modern quilts among the 30 that I presented to the nighttime guild. As always, I found that quilters everywhere are some of the friendliest people you will ever meet. (I promise, I wasn't frowning throughout the entire evening!?)
 Friday morning, eight ladies joined me on a rainy day for a fun workshop learning to make improvisationally pieced crosses. They all seemed to enjoy the freedom of working without a pattern and, by the end of the afternoon, were well on their way to a finished Modern Cross project! Here they are showing off their favorite blocks. (Hi ladies!)
The next morning found me entering "The Rabbit's Lair" into my IPhone for directions as my husband and I turned the car toward Rogers, Arkansas.
Hubby was as excited to find this museum right around the corner from the quilt shop! We had agreed on a 30 minute visit to both places, but I was soon texting him that I'd be there for a while longer!
Entering the store was like a step back in time with the original floor, display cases and decor. Besides a wide variety of quilting supplies, there were knitting and crochet yarns to tempt. 
Upstairs, I found wool, more fabric and a spacious classroom. Isn't the tin "lid" (in the upper right) on the stairs fascinating? You can also glimpse a bit of the gorgeous tin ceiling, just to the left of the stairway, in this picture.
Another shopper (on vacation from Texas) and I decided that these Amy Butler layer cakes, for $14 each, were a real bargain. I could say that she talked me into buying them but that wouldn't be the truth. I also purchased a charm pack of Tangier Ikat...
...and a new little ruler that I'm excited to try out. Do you think that all of my points will match now that I have this? Don't hold your breath!
I just love finding a new quilt shop to love, don't you!

10 comments:

  1. I bet you wowed them all! I love road trips that include a quilt shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So exciting! You look like such a pro with that microphone. The shop looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You done well girl! Fabric shopping as reward for all your expertise sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exciting time! And a new fabric shop to boot. Nothing better...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shop looks amazing, but I would have LOVED to sit in on your talk and see all of your lovely quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We loved having you visit and show all your beautiful quilts! You were a delight and very inspiring!! Thank you for sharing.

    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you teaching them to go improv and modern. Sounds like you did a great job and had a nice reward too. Love the Amy Butler layer cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so proud of you for giving, what I have no doubt, was a great program. I wish I could have been there to hear what you had to say, and see your older quilts. I'm glad Fred traveled with you, and that you each found something of interest. That quilt shop looks like it was a great stop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad your program went well. And the workshop ladies look like they had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I would have been there for this program. I would LOVE to have listened to you! The shop looks so intriguing. I have that little ruler--I always forget about it though...

    ReplyDelete