Monday, March 11, 2013

A Barn Quilt for Me

Several months ago, after I posted this picture on my blog, Sarah Zimmerman commented that she thought my little barn needed a wooden "barn quilt" at the top. 
Over the weekend, a big square package arrived at my house with this inside!
 The 24 inch wooden quilt is perfectly painted in "my colors" and is gorgeous in every way!
 I get a lump in my throat every time I think about what a blessing has been bestowed on me by someone that I have never met in person. 
It came at a time when I really needed a boost of encouragement in my life.
This Missouri Star will always be a reminder to me of the enjoyment and friendships I have forged over the last 3 years of blogging. I can never thank you properly, Sarah, for your kindness.
One day, when the weather is warmer, I'll get my hubby to hang it on the little barn. For now, I plan to keep the barn quilt on my fireplace where I can look at it everyday!

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt and beautiful story. Thanks so much for sharing. Today I need more than a little lift, and this put a smile on m face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to add.. your home looks gorgeous judging by this sneak peak! I LOVE your fireplace and mantel and the wooden quilt looks so at home there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a truly wonderful thing for Sarah to do! Our quilter friends are so generous! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a truly generous and loving gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful gift! I have been wanting to add a little barn quilt to our storage shed in the back yard. How special to receive this one in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have goosebumps!! How lovely. It's so perfect for you, Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so wonderful to hear these good stories when there is so much negative stuff out there. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks perfect on the mantel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, wonderful! Isn't it great to know special people are out there to lift you up just when you need it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful! My DH and I love to see barn quilts and want one for our 'barn.' This one is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a treasure you have in your friend, Sarah! I hope your Missouri Star brings you much joy and happiness every day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Carla! It all seems "bigger than life" here on your blog! As long as I've known you had a shed, I've had this to do...it was just a matter of time:) There were so many little details on my end that spoke that the time was now...enjoy! It really was, and is my pleasure!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is pretty darn cool! Your barn will look its best in its new spring outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful gesture and story! Wow. How neat. Someday, I will have a barn quilt. It would be hard for me to hang this out there, when it looks so good on the fireplace! ;-)

    ReplyDelete