Tuesday, January 8, 2013

365 Photo Challenge: Week 1

After years of using a point and shoot camera, my husband gifted me with a Canon Rebel T1i on a significant birthday last spring. I'm slowly learning how to take better pictures, but almost always rely on the automatic focus features. (I blame that on poor eyesight, of course!) Hoping to step it up a notch in 2013, I've made a goal of trying to learn my camera.  Joining the 365 Photo Challenge will keep me alert to photo opportunities and, perhaps, prompt some learning. Each Tuesday I plan to upload the seven daily pictures from the previous week along with each photo's prompt. There will be little, if any, explanation. After all, a picture is supposed to be worth a thousand words! Here's a glimpse of my first week of 2013. Oh, one more thing, I'm going to try to incorporate a quilty picture each week if I can!

January 1: Resolution
 January 2: New Beginnings
January 3: Repetition
January 4: Fur
 January 5: Colorful Food
 January 6: With Words
 January 7: Movement


Capture Your 365

9 comments:

  1. Love the choice of photo for "repetition"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! I love the new beginnings! Did you spot an eagle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well done, Carla. Pretty pictures. The girls look like they had fun building the gingerbread houses. I can't imagine making that 365 day commitment myself. I'm sure everyone would get bored, looking at pictures of palm trees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photo for day 2. The snow is sparkling, like glitter! Never seen snow myself (Australian!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pictures! I've always wanted to do this challenge. It will be fun to see your year in pictures!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't have a clue how to use a good camera. Good for you for being determined to learn ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea...I have a Canon T2i, I think. Great camera. One day, I should learn to take it off it's settings......

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful selection of photos, Carla. I especially love your quilt blocks on the snow! Gorgeous! It must be such fun having a new (DSLR?) camera. I'm learning to do interesting things with my iPhone photo editing apps till I can afford a better camera, but I don't mind a bit because I love my tech toys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great week's photos. I love your new start on Jan. 2. Very bright and cheerful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete