Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Roller Skate Dress

Next to sewing quilts, I love sewing dresses for little girls best. 
The Roller Skate Dress, by Oliver+S, has quickly become my new 'go to" pattern for a simple but classic children's style. 
The Roller-Skate Dress is fully lined, yet simple, and sews up quickly. The back buttons with a single button placket. I'm looking forward to trying the other neckline version included.
Lula's size 5 dress went so well that I made two more in size 3 and 12 months for Jane and Pearl. Pearlie's turned out to be a little large, but for the older girls this is a great pattern.
 
You can probably guess that the sisters wore these little dresses on Easter Sunday. Lolly thought they looked so cute!

9 comments:

  1. They ARE cute! And Lula makes a perfect little model for your delightful dressmaking skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to picture how cute all three together would have been - VERY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be an extra thrill to see fabrics you love on those precious ones you love :)(I'm like: "Ohhh Pearl got the Posy!" and "mmm, Briar Rose" :) I do not know Lula's fabric but it is certainly perfect for her!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously Carla? How cute is that first picture. Beautiful x 3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! what a sweet pattern and an EXTRA sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty dresses! You are very talented to make quilts AND dresses....blessed to have sweet girls in your family to sew dresses for ;-))

    ReplyDelete