Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Baskets

What fun I had making these cute baskets for Carla! June is her month as the queen bee for the Mid-Century Modern Bee. She chose well, I think, don't you! What a darling quilt she will have after she collects all the pretty baskets.
Making the liberated blocks reminded me of how much I enjoyed sewing my own basket quilt a few years ago. Here's my favorite ...tall and skinny.
At the top, I used some wonky letters to spell out the word baskets (in case someone mistakes them for pails, I guess.).
The four basket blocks were all tied up with a pretty bow...
...for my sweet grand daughter, Haven. 
I'm feeling like I might need another quilt full of colorful baskets in my life sometime!

10 comments:

  1. I've never seen your sweet basket quilt before! I love it!!!! The pink, brown and blue colour palette is lovely! I love that they could be pails or baskets! Could they be buckets, or don't you use that word?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your two blocks for Carla are so pretty! I still need to make mine. Love your basket quilt too! Don't think I have seen this one before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so wonderfully!! You definitely need another one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those baskets are so fun and so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your baskets! I just learned how to make these today, and I think I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this as a bee block. As I said to Carla, they are super cute and avoid the mismatched point problem, etc. that can plague bees. Perfect bee blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spy with my little eye.......adorable baskets! Thanks Carla. They are perfect . I love the fabrics too. Squeeeel
    Your quilt is cute! I didn't know you had done one of these. Everyone should have one : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your basket quilt! I don't remember seeing this one. Honestly, I don't think I had paid much attention to wonky basket quilts and now I feel kind of obsessed about having one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure Carla will love your baskets. They are really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your new decorative designs! it's so beautiful so much and good idea on site.

    หนัง 2016

    ReplyDelete