Thursday, June 21, 2012

Happy Sewing

I've been planning to make little dresses for Lula and Jane for weeks now....
 Yesterday, I finally traced off the sizes that I need. (This is tedious to me, but I so appreciate all the sizes included in the Oliver + S ice cream dress pattern...perfect!)
I'll do a pattern review when the dresses are completed, if you like.
 This plastic serving tray makes a great project holder for my sewing room...$1.99 at Walmart. I think that I will go back for more!
 All the parts for another leader/ender project came together yesterday as well! Yay! I used a soft aqua sashing for this one, so it's a sister to the one on the right, which I finished a few weeks ago...
 The blocks use 2.5 inch squares and finish up at 10 inches. Set 4X4, the wheel chair quilts are 40 inches square...generous, but not too large. Now, I just need to get them quilted and bound. I hope to find the perfect backing in my stash too. You can check out my posting on how to make leader/ender quilts here.
 As soon as I finish one of these "free quilts", I like to be ready to start another one so that the leader/enders never stop. I decided to use the Bohemian Festival layer cake that Cindy got for me during the Sample Spree at Quilt Market in May.
 The beautiful summery colors are so pretty cut up into 2.5 inch squares for my next leader/ender project, this pattern called "Mazed". I saw yesterday that Bohemian Festival, by Lila Tueller,  is available now for sale here.
I've already got a good start on more happy sewing!

9 comments:

  1. Another very lovely leader/ender quilt! Have a wonderful time sewing your new projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are 4 of my favorite fabrics! Yes I would love to hear a review of the pattern. It is such a darling dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most definitely Happy Sewing! The dresses will look so sweet in that Flea Market Fancy fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those dresses are going to be adorable! Love your leader/ender quilt top... One of these days, I might just have to get organized to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love a pattern review of the Ice Cream Dress. I have that pattern but haven't taken it out of the packet yet. And leaders and enders--I MUST get more organized--your quilts are SO cute.

    P.S. Cute pincushion...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are sure to have a wonderful day! The girls dresses will be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so pretty! And what a good Lolly to make little dresses :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sew heaps more than I do! I still haven't finished ONE leaders/enders quilt that I started last fall! Your LE quilts are just gorgeous! Lucky you to get to make sweet dresses. These will be adorable.

    ReplyDelete